At BBF, we are proud to be good stewards of the environment, taking care to be environmentally conscious from the beginning to the end of our manufacturing process. See our 2018 Sustainability Report here
- BIFMA Level® 1 Furniture Sustainability Standard: Bush Industries Inc. has received level® 1 certification for several product lines manufactured at our Jamestown N.Y. facility.
- CARB: All BBF products are compliant with CARB (California Air Resource Board) standards for reduced formaldehyde emissions.
- EPP Downstream Program (Composite Panel Association): More than 50% of our panels are purchased from EPP sources; board is 100% pre- or post-consumer recycled.
- Energy Reduction: Bush is focused on reducing electricity consumption and improving machinery efficiency.
- Landfill Reduction: We are diverting plastic waste away from landfills and improving recycling of plastic, cardboard, tin and scrap metal in our manufacturing processes.
- Corporate Recycling: Programs in our corporate offices have greatly improved recycling of plastic, paper and aluminum cans.
- Special Sustainability Teams: Tasked with improving efficiency and reducing waste in our manufacturing processed.
All BBF products are specifically designed for a long life span. Our products are tested to withstand 40 hour+ work weeks and are backed by Limited Lifetime and 10 Year warranties. However, when the furniture has reached the end of its useful life, recycling and reclaiming the materials used to make it is a much better option than simply sending the furniture to a landfill. See below for ideas and suggestions on how to recycle BBF products.